In order to truly understand the importance of metal recycling in today’s day and age, we have to take a closer look at the cold, hard facts:
- Every aluminium can that ends up in a landfill will remain intact for more than five centuries. Aluminium takes an incredible amount of time to break down and degrade.
- There is virtually no limit to the number of times that aluminium, steel, copper, and lead can be reprocessed, which means that most metals are 100% sustainable when recycled properly.
- Less than 55% of cans are recycled in Australia, and the average person consumes approximately six kilograms worth of steel and aluminium cans each year.
- Fabricating steel products from recycled resources requires 75% less energy than making goods from raw materials.
- Every tonne of recycled steel saves more than 600 kilograms of coal and significantly reduces harmful carbon emissions during production.
- Roughly 110,000 oceanic creatures are killed each year due to poisoning or injuries resulting from metal waste.
- More than two-thirds of the waste that ends up in a refuse bin can be recycled and reused.
As you might imagine by now, choosing to recycle your metals is one of the most environmentally conscious things you can do in today’s day and age, but it’s important to note that you can also make some extra money along the way.
Getting Cash for Your Scrap
If you partner with a distinguished company that specialises in metal recycling in Perth, for instance, you’ll be able to receive cash payments for a wide range of unusable goods, irrespective of their current age or condition. Such unusable goods can be found below:
- All forms of copper
- Electrical products
- Radiators, heaters, stoves, and furnaces
- Vehicular parts
- Full vehicles
- AC units and other ventilation equipment
- Steel products
- Aluminium cans
- Tin canisters
- Brass, lead, and bronze
- Car batteries
- Catalytic converters
To put it plainly, these resourceful firms represent a comprehensive solution for all of your recycling needs, and you’ll be able to obtain a lucrative cash payment for anything you decide to reprocess.
One-Stop-Shop for Private Citizens and Contractors
With a modernised assortment of heavy-duty equipment at their disposal – such as flatbed trucks, HIAB machinery, bin lifters, weighing stations, and large-scale skips – these metal specialists can provide several of the following distinctive services:
- Scheduled pick-ups (you don’t have to haul anything to the site)
- Tailored skip hires
- Scrap metal contracting for construction companies, contractors, manufacturers, and engineers.
- Immediate cash payments for any type of metal products
Thus, if you’d like to do your part for Mother Earth and make a few dollars along the way, be sure to reach out to a local reprocessing facility as soon as possible. The in-house professionals will kindly answer all of your questions and help you identify the best course of action.